Jade Mountain caramel cups
What you’ll need:
For the caramel centre:
- 10 teaspoons Jade Mountain
- 150 ml/5 fl oz 80°C/176°F water
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
For the chocolate outer:
- 230 g/8.1 oz grated cocoa butter
- 105 g/3.7 oz coconut oil
- 120 g/4.5 oz cacao powder
- 170 g/6 oz cup rice malt syrup
How to make this recipe?
- First, make the caramel. Infuse Jade Mountain in 80°C/176°F water for 6 minutes, then remove infuser.
- Place dates, coconut oil and 100 ml/3.3 fl oz of the brewed Jade Mountain in a blender or food processor and blitz until a thick, smooth paste forms. Add a little more of the tea if mixture is too thick to blend together, but avoid adding too much. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Make the chocolate. Place cocoa butter in a medium bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, add cacao powder and rice malt syrup and stir vigorously for 5 minutes until well incorporated and smooth.
- Place 12 patty cases in a muffin tin. Pour 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into each case, then refrigerate for 20 minutes or until solid.
- Spoon half a tablespoon of the date caramel into the centre of each patty case. Spread gently so that caramel almost reaches the sides, but leave an edge for the chocolate to fill.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of the chocolate until the caramel is covered. Return to the fridge to set, then serve. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Makes 12 large cups or 24 small
T2 Tea & Table Tales
We’re proud to have T2 as a brand partner for our 2018 Table Tales edition.
To redeem your gift, just show your book when checking out. You can redeem this offer once.
© Angela Manners
About Table Tales
Table Tales is a yearly lifestyle publication (SG & JKT) with a curated selection of restaurants and brand partners. Looking for date night ideas or a trusted resource to explore the culinary side of your city? We got you covered and give you unique privileges along the way. Table Tales will change the way you dine out.
Don’t have a copy of Table Tales yet?